The district’s dress code is established to teach grooming and hygiene, prevents disruption, and minimizes safety hazards. Students and parents may determine a student’s personal dress and grooming standards, provided that they comply with the following:
- No tank tops, halter tops, tube tops, tops that show the midriff. Shoulder straps must be at least 1 inch wide.
- Shorts and skirts must be fingertip length.
- Pants that are oversized or excessive in length are not permitted.
- Clothing that promotes inappropriate language, products, or actions are not permitted.
- Distracting haircuts are not permitted.
- Male students are not permitted to wear earrings at school or at school sponsored
In situations that require an interpretation of the dress code, it shall be the responsibility of the building principal to make the interpretation.