I have sent home notes about signing up for second round of parent teacher conferences if you would like to meet with me! If you sign up for a meeting, but then cannot make the meeting, please make sure to cancel.
Permission slips for out Field Trip were also sent home! It cost $3 for the trip. If you or another member of your family want to attend the field trip, please let me know and I will send home the Volunteer Sheet. If you are coming to the field trip, I will be having you assist with the students at Crowe's Nest.
We have made it to the 100th Day of School!
We have done so many different activities today and the kids were SO VERY excited! The students have all grown so much over the past 100 days and it amazes me!
Middle of the Year testing is now complete. I will be sending notes home soon about how your student is doing and if I would like to set up a conference with you to discuss academics.
Our Valentine's Day Party is on February 14th at 2:00. Please visit Volunteer Spot to sign up to bring an item to our party! The link is: http://signup.com/go/ViGz9S
I can't believe it is already 2017! This school year is FLYING!
Next week, we will be starting up our Mid-Year Assessments. We will be doing Math AIMSweb, Literacy AIMSweb, and DRA (a reading assessment). Once the assessments for your child are complete I will be sending out notes for 2nd round parent teacher conferences. I am aiming to have all conferences completed by February.
Notes for the Christmas Party on December 15th have been sent home on Friday 12/7. Please bring the specified item on the morning of 12/15. The party will be at 2:00pm. Parents are welcomed to attend, but we ask for no brothers or sisters.
**Blue Folders need to be checked EVERYDAY for notes! And papers need to be removed.
There was a letter sent home from the Assistant Principal today about new car rider procedures!
New procedures will start on MONDAY, DECEMBER 5th!
- We will NO LONGER be able to allow adults to walk up and remove children from the car line area. ALL kids will now be in the gym for safety reasons.
-The fastest way to get your kiddo, will be to wait in your car in the car line and a teacher will call and bring your child out to you.
-If you do walk up, please know that "walking" kiddos will be called out AFTER ALL of the cars have been loaded. Car loading typically ends at 3:15.
-If you walk up to get your kid, you will need to stand on the sidewalk that is against the building, NOT the sidewalk that leads from the door. That needs to stay clear.
-To speed up the car line, please have your hang tag with your students name and grade clearly displayed for the teachers to see. (Not all teachers know your student(s))
December 1st, 2016
I cannot believe December is already here! This year is FLYING by! There are a few points that I want to communicate to y'all!
1. Warm Clothes- Please make sure you are sending your child to school with a jacket. We have recess outside everyday and sometimes twice a day.
2. Boots- There are many students in the class that wear boots, whether they are cowboy boots or another type, please make sure your child is bringing tennis shoes to school for PE. We have PE every day and if they do not bring other shoes points will be deducted from their PE grade.
3. Folders and Books- Please make sure you are checking your child's blue folder every night and that it gets sent to school EVERY DAY! Also, please make sure your child is bringing his/her red homework folder every Friday and bringing their Guided Reading books back every day as well. This is a GREAT way to teach responsibility to your child.
4. Christmas Party- Our class party is on Thursday, December 15th at 2:00pm. Parents are welcome to attend but we ask to keep brothers and sisters at home. We will be enjoying snacks and if time allows we will be making a christmas craft. We will not be exchanging gifts among the children. I will be giving them a small gift from me. If you would like to put together little goodie bags for all of the kids, you can. We have 19 kids in our class.
5. Today I have put up our class christmas tree and tomorrow the class will be visited by the Kindness Elf. Since our Early Act First Knight virtue is Compassion, I thought using the Kindness Elf to do nice things around the school will be a good idea.
6. This week we have worked very hard on Addition up to 5. The kids have done an AMAZING job at this! We have talked about the plus sign and putting two sets together and the equal sign and how the amount needs to be the same on both sides of the equal sign! You can keep practicing with your child by drawing pictures and having them write the number sentence.